I was going to do one of those nifty ‘my day in pictures’ posts today, but all of the pictures I really wanted to upload did not come out nearly as nicely as I wanted. That and I realized, on a work day everything’s pretty freaggin’ boring in my neck of the woods to boot! So, I’m going to do it again one of these weekends coming up when the chickie and I venture out somewhere cool. Probably when she gets back from the UK next week or something, unless she’s got another business trip lined up.
Anyway, went to one of our new favorite restaurants today which just happens to be right around the corner from me. It’s called East and it’s somewhat of an Asian fusion restaurant and so far it hasn’t failed. I tried a new appetizer today, a yellowtail tataki:
[ image not available ]
Man was it as tasty as it looked! The chickie had a very tasty wonton soup though I didn’t manage to grab a pic of it. For our entrees, she chose the orange beef dish which had a nice spicy kick to it and OMG look at that presentation!
[ image not available ]
I had the same thing that I tried last time just because I love the combination of mangoes and chicken so much. This dish delivers on utter and complete awesomeness:
[ image not available ]
Was I stuffed after that meal. 🙂
Not much else to report, though I did manage to take a decent photo of something which makes me smile every time I look at it:
[ image not available ]
I’ve got a mop on my head… Well not literally, but my hair has always grown fast and right now, you could flip me upside down and dunk my head into a bucket of Pine Sol if you wanted. I’d suspect I’d do a rather fabulous job on your hardwood floor too!
Back when I used to shave it, my hair seriously took no more than a day and a half to grow enough to be able to buzz with the first attachment on my clippers. Yeah, it’s like the cerebrospinal fluid in my head has a little bit of Miracle Gro mixed in it or something. Many a barber in the past always commented that my hair was the fastest growing they have ever seen which of course made their greedy asses all that much happier. Anyway, since I started growing my hair this past spring, I’ve been trying to get frequent haircuts to keep it from bushing out. I’ve let my hair grow out for about two weeks too long, so a couple of days ago, I scheduled an appointment for tonight at 7:30 with my stylist. I’ve never looked more forward to anything in my life than getting my buzz on earlier tonight. With this heat, this damn bush on my head has been holding heat in like you wouldn’t believe and holy shit the morning bed head is just fucking epic.
Wait, what’s that you say? Oh yes, I used the word stylist up there. You see, I’ve have always called the gents who cut my hair barbers. Apparently hair dressers all over the place got together and staged some form of coup and found the term rather dated. So out of courtesy for those in the ummm, hair arts… I use the term stylist. Got it? Good.
Anyway, I show up to the place and the bastage who cuts my hair went to bloody Chicago! To make matters worse, absolutely no one was available for the rest of the night to buzz my head down. So, I rescheduled my cut for this coming Monday and my freaking head is itching like you wouldn’t believe. 🙁
I swear if there weren’t so many people who would shoot me dead for shaving it back down, I’d have done it already…
You know, there’s nothing worse than stepping out of a nice cold shower on a hot summer night only to start perspiring again. Ugh, it’s so freaggin’ HOT out and our piece of shit central air is not working. Please, someone just fast forward time to oh, let’s say mid to late October when the weather is more agreeable to me ‘k? Thankyouloveyoubyebye!
You may have noticed something a little peculiar on your way to this place. Yup, the domain name changed. Now now, lascivious.org did not expire and I still own it. However, a crapload of my personal friends gave me some serious flack because my old domain name was blocked at their jobs. Since many of them seem to have nothing better to do than check out their friend’s blogs while they are supposed to be working, they did not find this situation acceptable. So, when the time came to renew my domain, I took advantage of a very good deal on a new domain, so lascivious.org was born. Now why did I choose such a really freaking weird name? Beats the shit out of me to tell you the truth, but I kind of liked the ring of it as I was trying to come up with something memorable. So fellow readers, you might want to change your bookmarks because I’m stuck with this domain name for at least a year, hehe.
Anyway, I’ve been pretty busy as of late securing the new digs which quite fortuitously, wound up being a whopping 5 minutes away from work! Oh yeah folks! My commuting costs went down to practically nil because of the new place which I hope to be in by August 1st, assuming that my brother can help me move the big stuff. Ever since them friendly folks at the oil companies decided to give us all the un-lubed backdoor plunge (without the bloody courtesy of a reach around even!) at the gas pump, I’ve been dropping roughly 40 bucks a week to keep me going to and from work on a daily basis. While I’m certain most of you folks have a much higher pump payout, I wasn’t having any more of this when choosing a new place. With this move, I’ll likely be spending that much money per month, which greatly appeases me. Oh yes it does.
As far as what’s in the new place, it’s not too shabby. I’m in a corner block which means I am in a somewhat secluded location and surrounded by windows (hello awesome daytime lighting!). Hardwood floors throughout and a larger kitchen (though there is an electric stove, which I’m not too fond of). The living room is roughly the same size and the dining area size is not too bad. The bedroom has one of the larger closets available and there’s another very spacious one out in front which gives me a gobs of storage space. There’s a good amount of parking available and I’m only a few doors down from the manager’s office. This is good because I know I’ll be in a relatively quiet area since I think she lives in the unit above it. One of the nicer things is that one of my work mates lives in the same complex, so it will be nice having a neighbor I know there. All in all I’m pretty stoked about the place, though it will definitely feel very strange living alone somewhere finally.
Hopefully I’ll acclimate to the lifestyle change fairly quickly.
While I am sitting here waiting for the Theraflu to kick in and work it’s magic on me, I figured I should at the very least update.
- The chickie wasn’t feeling too hot after her trip (looked like death incarnate more like it) to Georgia earlier in the week, so being the dutiful other half that I am, I went to bring her some get well goodies and attempt to take care of her. Of course one of the major drawbacks of doing this is catching the very illness which has stricken her and boy did she do a number on me. I do not think I will be as bad as she was when she got back, though my throat hurts like a bitch. Luckliy, she brought over some of the meds I got her last week and I’m now waiting for them wondrous Theraflu molecules to work their mojo on my body.
- Early last week, my friend Jane and I went to one of my favorite eateries in Princeton to catch up over some dinner as it’s been a bit of time since we hung out. We of course chatted about our lives, she showed me her cool new phone, I told her some of the more interesting things about working at my job and then we got to talking about other local restaurants and other places she would be interested in eating at. It was pretty cool seeing her, but my dumb ass forgot to bring my camera again to take a snapshot of us for my MySpace. Hey Jane, next time we hang remind me to bring my cam!
- A few weeks ago my friend Tasha (Hey sunshine! How ya feeling?) was reading through this little ol’ place and managed to find a very early post where I was talking about a tape she made me. Well, she kindly reminded me that people do not listen to tapes anymore so she burned me a CD with the same songs with a couple of changes. Pretty bitchin’ eh??
- My roomie gave me the unfortunate news last week that he is moving to a new place which is closer to his job. While I’m happy for the guy since his commute sucks ass, this has placed me in a rather not so great position as I need to find a new place to call home as well. One of the more positive things is that this means I will live much closer to work, which means I will spend less money on commuting costs and I can sleep in later. Plus I can also scratch of number 20 on my list! However, one of the major drawbacks is that I will wind up living considerably farther from the chickie which makes Dave sad.
- I’m a huge fan of “interesting” remakes of songs, especially from or of my favorite bands. One such gem of a band I happened to come across this weekend is this bluegrass group called Iron Horse. It turns out they churn out their own stylized brand of kick ass twang from songs of bands such as Van Halen, Black Label Society, Sabbath, Led Zep and my all time favorite band, Metallica. I got a hold of their Fade to Bluegrass and holy shit are their covers pretty freaggin’ amazing! Some people reading this might be scoffing at me for digging this, but it’s definitely interesting and I’m hooked! Can’t wait to get their other albums.
Alrighty, I can feel the meds coursing through my veins and boy do I feel all sorts of good and sleepy. Mmmm sleeeeeeeep.