I blame Niecy for this one…
Well, went out shopping for a new shirt to wear tonight to salsa class because I won’t have enough time to do laundry. Yes, I’m lazy like that, but I’ll look all sorts of salsa-y now since it’s one of those loose half sleeve shirts that you see the old school Cubans wear when they are playing dominoes on the street corner sipping a mojito and hitting on the 18 year olds walking by. Pimp baby!!!
Anyway, saw there was a brand spankin’ new Baja Fresh that just opened up, so I figured I’d give it a try. The food was actually not that bad or if anything, 10.2 billion better times than Taco Bell. Then again, eating Cheetos mixed with peanut butter (shut up!) is better than Taco Hell so that really isn’t saying much. It’s also pretty expensive considering I paid just under 11 bucks for a burrito and a small iced tea, don’t you think? You know what though? Even though they proclaim it’s all made with fresh food, that damn Baja burrito was stuffed with so much freaggin’ fat, it’s making my stomach do all sorts of awful things. It’s funny how once you stay away from a particular item, like let’s say fatty foods, and then re-introduce it into your body, really fun things happen(tm)! Like the odd noises emanating from my abdominal area. I swear it sounds like I have a dying sperm whale in there trying to get laid one last time. I’m not even going to tell you what it’s doing to my intestines. :-/
Eh well, I must scratch that place off of my cool eating places from now on. Time to find myself a good newspaper…
Went out with Devina to a local bar at the Westin in Princeton for some light dinner and drinks after she got her haircut. She cut it short which I personally loved since I’m not a fan of long hair on women. Makes it all that much more difficult to sneak up behind, wrap my arms around her, pull her close and lightly kiss the neck if there’s hair in the way… Ya know??
Turns out there was a cotillion there so we were entertained by the enormous amount of teens making complete asses of themselves. We chatted some and for the first time in a while, we had a relationship-free discussion mostly involving work and her business trip this week to South Beach. I honestly did not feel like bringing anything up with regards to the relationship and I am sure she liked the break from all of that talk.
We got up around noon and then ventured off to a local favorite diner to get some breakfast. After breakfast, I dropped her back off and wished her a safe trip. Came home, cleaned up a bit, did some laundry, played some War of Warcraft which I have not done in a while. Tried giving Devina at night a call to see how her packing was going, but forgot she was having dinner and probably spending the night with “him,” so I chatted on the phone with a few friends.
Very busy day… Went to the parent’s place in the morning to pick up a new set of drapes my mom made for me. Chilled with my brother and my sister showed up later on with her fiance. Turns out he started training for becoming a NJ State Trooper which is pretty awesome news since I know he’s been wanting this for years. Glad he’s got the opportunity to prove himself and I know he’s going to come out of it with flying colors and of course some fancy new PBA (or FPO) cards for me… w00t!
I stayed there later than intended so I rushed back to head to work to slap around a server’s that’s been acting like a spoiled brat. Finally got it to backup properly so I headed back home. Wanted to hit the gym, but had plans with Jane to have some dinner and she was going to introduce me to Desperate Housewives and Grey’s Anatomy. We met up at the local Whole Foods for some grub and chatted away the time talking about our day and how our weekends went. After that, I followed her back to her place where we chilled for a bit and since the shows were not on, she then introduced me to Napoleon Dynamite. I thought the movie was pretty funny and cool. She introduced me to some pretty cool on-line psychology tests where I found out I was a Mastermind or iNTJ type of guy. For the most part those analyses of me are pretty much spot on, especially with the one concerning relationships:
Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ’s Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.
This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. 🙂 This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete’, paralleling that of many Fs — only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.
Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to “work at” a relationship.
This line especially, “…they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation” is me to a “T.” I told her, I pretty much do not know how to “flirt” yet everyone says I am the biggest flirt which she agreed to. All in all though, it was a pretty interesting experience being analyzed like that. Kind of helps puts things in perspective with regards to the way I see myself and all.
After that, the second half of Grey’s Anatomy was on so we were watching that and I think I might be hooked. That’s definitely looking like a really cool show. She also gave me this pretty kick ass Weird NJ calendar she bought for me which I thought was a nice gesture.
It was getting pretty late and I had to log on to work from home, so I wound up heading out and on my way back, Devina surprised me with a call from her hotel room. We chatted for a bit about her day in South Beach and the hotel she was at. I have to admit, it felt nice getting a call from her when she is away because it’s something that she never really did after that initial call when her plane landed in the past. Heck, she even surprised me with a call last night as well which was an even bigger shocker and surprise. I wonder if I will get a call again tonight… Eh well, here’s to wishful thinking eh? 😉
Yesterday I finally hit the gym again and hit the treadmill hard (random hill setting, level 16/20, 4mph for 45 minutes then 5.5 mph jog for 5 minutes at end) and then worked the shoulders and triceps pretty good too. Would love to go again tonight, but am busy with my C.E.R.T. training which is supposed to be triage and burn victim training. Tomorrow I’m having dinner with another new MySpace friend, Chelsea, at Joe’s Crab Shack which hopefully will be fun, but depending on how long I stay there, might not have enough time to hit the gym. Then Thursday’s salsa class… Ugh.
Holy crap this is long…
- Salsa class was a delight last night. We’re getting heavy into the turns and I got complimented a few times yesterday on my leading, one from an advanced dancer. w00t! I’m still a bit of a klutz sometimes, but I am getting a lot more comfortable with my feet and I am able to recover a lost beat a lot better now. Also, I found out that I am learning the mambo. The difference between salsa and mambo it seems, is just which foot I start off with… Hmmmph. Go figure.
- You know, I am getting pretty sick and fucking tired of this “let’s cater to the Latino community” and have a bilingual system of communication in this country. Yes, I am Latino and proud of it and yes, I am in full support of making English the ONLY mandatory language in this country. If others want to learn Spanish go for it, but we should not force it upon people. Fuck, my parents (and myself included up until I hit kindergarten) did not know a lick of English when they came to this country. Guess what, we LEARNED it as fast as possible… If you’re too fucking lazy to learn it and would rather force others to accommodate you, leave the fucking country.
- I’ve been seriously rethinking of growing at least some of my hair back. Not like full blown Eddie Van Halen hair, but keeping the sides either shaved or clipped close and something on top. Not sure…
- Why is it that when I am either going to work or going home lately, it starts raining or clouding up and getting windy as hell. Though the moment I step inside the door, it gets bright, cheery and warm? Grrrr.
- Seahwaks or Steelers? I’m going for the hawks…
- So now I have to find some fun stuff to do next week. I wish I had a lot more local friends to hang out with near where I live. Luckily my cool bud Shelly is back in town from Japan today so hopefully next week I’ll get to hang out with her a little more often. Man, if I had the $$$ I’d love to take next week off and do a cross country drive and meet as many of you as possible. One of these days…
- I’ve been neglecting the gym all damn week. This is not good, I’ll have to spend double duty pretty much every day I have free to play catchup. Plus, I need to remind myself to get a smaller belt. Last night at salsa class, my pants kept on falling down because my belt is not tight enough. Probably looked like I was trying to thug it out. Heh.
Have a good weekend folks!