1. What is the most expensive car repair you’d have to pay for?
Roughly $2000 for transmission repairs and a tune up on my old Corolla. That was the most painful check I ever had to write in my life… Well, that and the down payment for Tera.
2. I did some traveling this weekend. Not too far, just about two hours in the car. What is the longest time you’ve ever spent riding/driving in a car?
Hehe, I’m infamous for my long-ass drives. I’ve driven to Orlando, Florida four times to visit a close friend (unfortunately not anymore :sniff: :sniff:) from New Brunswick, NJ. The fastest I made it back was in 19 hours straight through. It would have been faster, but I ran into a snow storm that started in Maryland up through New Jersey.
3. Fall seems to be a pretty busy time of year: football, school starting, Halloween, thanksgiving, traveling, family functions. Are the next few weeks going to be busy for you? What do you have going on?
November and December are notorious family birthday months for me (Mom, Dad and sis). Plus Thanksgiving and Xmas means a great deal of travelling back home. I’ll definitely be busiest looking for a new job though which isn’t going as bad as I thought. I have a second interview tomorrow for a position that I will most likely get. 🙂
4. Changing seasons usually also means changing clothing. Do you have a routine to switch clothing around in your closet or dressers? Do you look forward to the chance to wear some different clothes for a change?
Essentially, the sweaters and such get brought out of their homes in my luggage. If I do obtain that Network Admin position, I’ll need to buy a good deal of suits as it’s a very professional dress there. It’s not a biggie for me because I actually like wearing suits. It’ll be a welcomed change from wearing T-shirts and jeans while at my last position.
5. Here in Oklahoma, we don’t have a lot you can do in the fall except take hay rides and maybe visit a pumpkin patch. What I’d really like to do is go pick apples on an orchard. Have you ever been to pick apples or visit a farm in the fall? Is that something you (would) enjoy?
I’ve never been pumpkin or apple picking, nor taken a hay ride. Fortunately, it’s not out of my grasp as the area near me is surrounded by loads of farm area. I’m looking forward to doing each of those things mentioned above with my sweetie when time permits. 🙂
6. A friend of mine from long ago used to make Apple Butter. It was amazing and I’ve never been able to find any I liked as well. It is a taste that just says “fall.” Are there any tastes or smells that once you’ve taken them in, you just know fall is really here?
Pumpkin pies… To me, that starts the fall season. Also, that crisp autumny smell in the air when the temperature starts dropping.
7. Isn’t there something you’ve been meaning to do for a while? You know, that thing? Yeah. So, what’s the holdup?
Hmmm, all that’s on my mind now is getting my ass re-employed. 🙂
BONUS: Why are there so many songs about rainbows?
And what’s on the other side
Rainbow’s are visions
They’re only illusions
And rainbows have nothing to hide
So we’ve been told and some chose to
But I know they’re wrong wait and see
Someday we’ll find it
The Rainbow Connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me
I miss Jim Henson.