on the way home I decided to stop by boulevard east in weehawken to take a gander of the towers of light memorial that went up this evening. I could actually see them very clearly driving home from work (roughly 20 miles away) and some friends of mine in new brunswick could see them easily as well. I was listening to ron and fez and people were calling up from 80 miles away saying they could see them as clear as day! I think it’s a very touching and poignant memorial to those that were lost and for those of us who miss seeing “something” there. it’s a shame that it is only up for another 31 days though. for those of you who can make a quick trip to manhattan or can make a nice weekend drive here, it’s quite an amazing site that should not be missed. I apologize for the piss poor quality of the picture, but my friend’s camera isn’t all too great. hopefully, i’ll get a chance to go into the city tomorrow to take some better pics provided it’s a clear night out. 🙂
participation positives time! (sorry it’s late)
- finally getting my haircut tomorrow! 🙂
- got to see the tower of lights on my drive home from work and my bedroom window. so good to see something there again.
- found out the boss will be away for 2 WEEKS very soon!
- found out I will be taking a trip to seattle in april to fix some servers! :yay:
- we’re getting the tnn channel on our cable system! that means oodles and oodles of star trek: the next generation episodes!! (going out to buy hoards of vid tapes)
- set up my own return to castle wolfenstein server on my linux box. 😀
- received a belated birthday postcard from one of the sales people in oklahoma today…