Feeling a little meme-y today as you can see. Found this at Neil’s.
1. Who do you admire the most and why?
I would have to say that I admire my little sister the most. She’s tougher and much more strong willed than I could ever be and I completely respect that in her. Growing up I wasn’t allowed to do much in the outside world like go over friend’s houses and go to parties and such. However, that didn’t matter much because we had each other growing up to play, talk and hang out with before my little brother came along to fulfill our lives even more. She’s also the first of my family to finish college and get a degree in nursing even though it was a tough road for her. I wasn’t able to finish up and she probably had the same (or more) issues with getting to that goal and walking away with a degree.
2. What would you have as your last meal if you were on death row?
Same thing Devina and I had when we went to Morimoto a couple of years back. The most expensive Omakase with a couple of bottles of wine. The best food I have ever had the pleasure of eating in my life.
3. What is your earliest memory?
When I was 3 or 4, I took apart my dad’s stereo with a screwdriver that was lying around. He wasn’t too happy. 🙂
4. If you had 3 wishes, what would your 3rd wish be?
To have three more wishes of course.
5. If you had to be blind or deaf, which would you choose?
Deaf. I could deal with not hearing anything, but couldn’t bear the thought of not being able to see.
6. Have you ever been dared to do something where the risk exceeded the reward (ie. jump off a building for a penny)?
When I was in the sixth grade, a bunch of us used to jump off a stone wall in the Weehawken baseball field onto an old thick mattress during lunchtime. That wall must have been a good 30 feet in the air and each of us did it. There was no dare involved, but in the code of young boys growing up, you never showed any weakness or else you were made fun of. You had to do what you had to do to prove yourself. Silly I know, but those were simpler times and kids did stupid shit like that without the threat of lawsuits. I must admit those were some fun-ass times.
7. If you were forced to live the rest of your existence in a fictional world from a movie, book and TV show which ones would you select?
Oh too easy. I’d be living the life of a Starfleet officer on the Star Trek series, preferably in the TNG through DS9 timeline. No conflicts on Earth, no sicknesses, no diseases, no prejudice, no hungry, no homeless and especially important, no money. There is absolutely no need to do anything but help your fellow man and doing what you love to do in life. There’s nothing wrong with being a musician, carpenter, physicist, biologist, doctor or even join the service and explore the galaxy. All without the need to require money to sustain yourself and your family.
Captain has a nice ring, doesn’t it?
8. If you had a superpower, which superpower would it be and why?
I’d have the power to steal other people’s powers like Rogue from X-Men. I could fly one day, have super strength another day, throw spider webs another day… The possibilities are endless.
9. What is your favourite vegetable?
10. In how many different languages do you know the meaning of at least one word?
Hmmm, that would have to be “I love you.” I know how to say it in French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese and German. One of my friends taught me how to say it in Russian, but I forgot.
11. What did you want to be when you were a child?
Don’t laugh… Wonder Woman, I even had the cape and the lasso.
12. What one event (if any) would you change in your personal past if you had the power to do it once?
I might have gone to Massachusetts for college instead of Rutgers.
13. What’s the one question you want to be asked of you in an interview?
Is 100k per year too little for you?
14. Have you ever cheated death?
A few times.
15. What was the most important decision you’ve ever had to make?
After reading a letter an ex-girlfriend sent to me, I decided to make amends with another ex-girlfriend, who is still one of my closest friends now.
16. Which sports team do you support the most, and why?
Much to the appreciation of all of my girlfriends, I don’t follow sports nearly as much as I used to when I was a kid. As a matter of fact, the only sports I watch during the year are the SuperBowl in bits and pieces, the US Open and perhaps a game or two of the World Series if it’s a team that I like. If I were to support a team, it would be the Mets. They need the help. 🙁
17. Mobile phones (cellphones) – evil or good?
They have their uses, but are utterly fucking annoying. I pretty much stopped using mine altogether.
18. What is your favourite song at the moment?
Moondance by Van Morrison.