With the Simpsons movie around the corner, everyone and their mom has something Simpsons related going on. Not to be trumped by this, Vanity Fair has put out their list of the ten best Simpsons episodes of all time. I’d have to say that I do not really agree with most of them:
- The President Wore Pearls
- Krusty Gets Kancelled
- Bart the Murderer
- Homer’s Enemy
- The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show
- Two Bad Neighbors
- Cape Feare
- Marge vs. the Monorail
- Bart vs. Australia
For you Simpsons fans out there, what do you think about that above list? I don’t know, it seems to be missing the truly best ones out there, like the one where Bart sold his soul to the devil or my personal all time favorite, the one where the kids go to Duff Gardens! See, if this list were up to me, I would have used the following episodes. Note they really aren’t in any particular order because they all kicked so much ass. Though Selma’s Choice is tops for me.
- Homer the Great – Homer becomes the leader of a secret cult in Springfield and Patrick Stewart, enough said… [video clip!]
- Whacking Day – We find out Marge is quite the kinky minx, snakes fear for their lives, Barry White saves them all! [video clip!]
- Last Exit to Springfield – Lisa needs braces… DENTAL PLAN! Lisa needs braces… DENTAL PLAN! Lisa needs braces… DENTAL PLAN! Lisa needs braces… DENTAL PLAN! Lisa needs braces… DENTAL PLAN! [video clip!]
- Homer the Heretic – Homer skips church, Homer dances in his underwear, Homer chats with the big guy upstairs, the Feast of Maximum Occupancy is celebrated for the first time! [video clip!]
- I Love Lisa – Ralph develops a Valentine’s crush on Lisa, Lisa crushes Ralph on national TV, Chief Wiggum retaliates. Lisa the heartbreaker, who would have thought it. [video clip!]
- Homer’s Enemy – The episode where we meet Grimey, see Bart own a factory and see a dog made Executive Vice President of the power plant. [video clip!]
- Lisa the Vegetarian – We learn why Lisa became a vegetarian, why you can’t win friends with salad, Lisa getting slapped in the face with a burger and she meets Linda and Paul McCartney! [video clip!]
- Homer’s Triple Bypass – Homer gets his droodle, Homer gets brought back from death with a ham and Dr. Nick operates on Homer under the tutelage of Lisa. [video clip!]
- Bart Sells His Soul – Come on! This episode was GREAT! In the Garden of Eden, Millhouse buying Bart’s soul, Uncle Moe’s Family Feedbag. Classic! [video clip!!]
- Selma’s Choice – Selma takes the kids to Duff Gardens, Homer continues eating the rotten hoagie, “I am the lizard queen!”, and Jub Jub! [video clip!]
Well, there ya have it. Of course there’s so many more I would have included like the one where the crayon is removed from Homer’s brain, the one where Troy McClure marries Selma, the one where Sideshow Bob marries Selma, the one where Lisa and Bart are on opposing hockey teams, the one where Flanders tries to baptize the Simpson children, the one where Bart’s get a crush on the girl and you see her rip his heart out, the first Treehouse of Horror, oh my there are so many more. Yet none of the ones in my list were in the Vanity Fair list.
How’s about you folks? What are some of your favorites?